World Trade Petroleum
How We Work
World Trade Petroleum is proud to act as a responsible corporate entity in its business activities around the world. We embrace innovation and have created a culture of compliance, teamwork and integration. Our management team is responsible for fostering and maintaining this culture throughout the company and works collectively and continually as a governing body to do this. Conducting our business with integrity and high ethical standards, and fostering an environment of mutual respect for all employees is imperative to our continued success.
One of our key strengths is the diversity of our workforce and with that in mind; we strive to maintain a collaborative, team-oriented structure. We believe that by fostering a unified, goal-oriented organization; the strengths of each individual can be achieved. All employees regularly receive Compliance training, and are reminded of their responsibilities and obligations in respect of the company's core values and the ethical and legal standards expressed in the company's Code of Business Conduct.
World Trade Petroleum is an open plan, office free environment and management endeavors to be open and approachable encouraging full communication between all individuals across the company. Our management team comprises representation from the Parent Company (FRR Private Limited) and is heavily represented by the control functions. This structure ensures decisions are taken in consideration of all aspects and risks and are not just made basis of the commercial terms. The management team expects a rigorous approach to assessment of deals and a strong ethical and compliance culture from all employees of the company.
World Trade Petroleum Code of Conduct ("The Code") outlines the principles and core values to which all employees are required to adhere. The Code re-affirms our commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards at all times. The Code clearly defines expected behaviors and provides guidance to employees as to World Trade Petroleum principles and how and what employees should escalate to Compliance and or Management.
World Trade Petroleum has a whistle blowing policy and procedure which allows any individual within the organization to raise a concern (as well setting out the expectation for them to do so) about a situation that might represent a breach of our Code of Conduct or any other company policy. Concerns can be brought to the person's immediate supervisor, another appropriate manager, the local Compliance Officer, or reported to the company's ethic's hotline (either by email or phone).
The company has in place a clear policy of no retaliation for any issues reported in good faith. Our Compliance and Management team is committed to ensuring any issues reported are taken seriously, and are followed through to resolution.
We expect all of our business partners to assist us to meet the responsibilities mentioned in our Code of Conduct and to actively support and respect our values and principles in their own business practices.
OUR HSE POLICY
World Trade Petroleum is committed to continual HSE improvement in its operations through active participation of our employees, contractors and the community. It shall take all reasonable measures at its disposal to protect the health and safety of its personnel as well as to protect the environment in which it operates. The Company firmly believes that sound HSE performance is key to ensuring sustainable business and shall thus be considered as integral part in business decision making process.
As its policy objectives, World Trade Petroleum shall, as a minimum:
- Observe and comply with all HSE statutory requirements within our area of operations;
- Mitigate the consequences of all types of incidents/accidents having potential harmful effect on personnel, assets and/or the environment;
- Use commonly accepted levels of good oilfield HSE practice; and
- Establish transparent HSE performance criteria and communicate them constructively internally and to interested parties.
- To achieve the aforementioned defined objectives, World Trade Petroleum shall:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate HSE Management System;
- Hold all levels of management, staff and contractors accountable for HSE within their areas of responsibility;
- Develop a positive HSE culture throughout the company through effective communication and training;
- Conduct HSE reviews and audits in order to identify shortcomings within the organization and ensure compliance with local, international and corporate standards and regulations;
- Ensure that contractors demonstrate full compliance with this policy; and
- Develop and implement a Risk Assessment-based approach in conducting business operations.
- In addition, World Trade Petroleum shall:
- Establish good relations with local communities based on constructive mutual dialogue with regulators, community representatives, local authorities as well as other concerned parties on HSE and security matters of common interest;
- Ensure optimal security standards are maintained to protect personnel, company assets and information; and
This policy is reviewed periodically to ensure continual improvement.